How to maintain stainless steel pans?
Learn how to take good care of your Tramontina pans!
Proper maintenance of stainless steel pans increases their service life. Thus, if you do everything just right, you will keep your Tramontina pans in great condition for a whole lot longer. To do so, you need to take some precautions:
- When cooking, use the burner on the stove of the same size or smaller than the pan. You will thus prevent damage to the sides and streamline cooking. On gas stoves, don’t let the flame pass the height of the pan’s bottom.
- In pans with ceramic or nonstick coating, try to use utensils that don’t scratch the surface, such as wood, plastic or silicone. Metal utensils can scratch and damage the pan’s coating.
- Try to wash your pans right after use to make the task easier. If you can’t leave them to soak with warm water and a little soap.
- To keep the pans always pretty and shiny, the tip is to wash them with just mild detergent and a non-abrasive sponge. To remove more difficult stains, you can use a liquid soft scrub.
- Extra attention to stains: there are suitable cleaning products available to remove them without damaging the stainless steel, and they also help to polish the pans.
- If the pan is Tramontina stainless steel, you can relax: all models are dishwasher-safe. Don’t forget: before putting the pan in the dishwasher, confirm whether the model is suited to it. Detergents tend to be harsh and utensils can damage the product.
That's it! Now you know how to make your Tramontina plans last much longer. You just need to guarantee the right accessories for complete maintenance.